Ring 3 Not Charging Error in Charging Source

My Ring 3 is connected to my doorbell transformer but it is not charging. Down to 60% and falling. Not only this but the system says it is connected to a solar charger and I do not have a Solar charger. How do I get my Ring 3 to charge using my transformer and correct the solar charge bug.
PS: I also have a Ring 2 (on another door) which is working flawlessly using the same transformer and it maintains 100 % charge.

2 Likes

HI @Jay46. Try performing a reset on your Doorbell by pressing and holding the setup button for 30 seconds, then releasing. Once this is complete, you can reconnect it to wifi with a new setup using the steps under Set Up a Device. After a short update, it should reflect the correct power status. I hope this helps.

If this concern persists, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can further assist with more in-depth troubleshooting. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I’m having the same issue. Out of nowhere my battery is drained to 86% and device health says power source is battery rather than hardwired and solar status is connected, which I do not have.

1 Like

It’s June 14, 2022 AND THIS THING IS DOING IT AGAIN. Out of nowhere, it has switched from hardwired to battery and is not charging. I’m sick of this every six months having to mess with this junk.