Ring 3 more black boxes between footage

We got our Ring 3 on Thursday (It was already a replacement for a faulty doorbell) at first things were really good. Footage and snapshots every hour. Then on Saturday black boxes started appearing between footage with ‘This Footage is Unavailable’ on it. Since then it’s happening more and more and last night from 2 am to 7 am my doorbell caught nothing when my other camera shows people. So what’s going on with my doorbell? I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, shut off my phone and reinstalled. Am I just going to live with these black boxes and a doorbell that isn’t working?

Hi @Whywontitwork. Were you already in contact with support to receive the replacement? You may need to reach back out to support if the replacement is not working properly. The concerns you’re experiencing could be related to the Doorbell’s connection. What is the RSSI from the Device Health page? You can learn more about RSSI and how it affects your Ring devices here.

We are using the new replacement. We have a chime extender. We know about the RSSI and it’s good but we are still having issues. At this point I think it’s more probable an issue with the app. I’ll uninstall it and reinstall it.

@Whywontitwork If uninstalling and reinstalling the Ring App doesn’t resolve this concern, I’d recommend reaching back out to our support team at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look, especially since this was originally a replacement device. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.