Ring 3 Hard wired but not showing on app

My ring video doorbell 3 plus is hardwired, yet on the app it says battery, it has a ring 3 transformer plug which has been set up correctly and my husband used to be an electrician so he has checked that all the wiring is working ok. It has power from the plug to the ring and battery and yet it won’t charge. I have two batteries and have charged both manually to 100% and put them into the doorbell but it still says battery on app and not hardwired. I have even reduced the settings so that the battery life is slower than normal and it still won’t go to hard wired, basically I’ve tried pretty much everything, have I forgot something?? Is there something wrong with the ring 3?? It was bought in February and we hardwired it in July giving it a few months to settle, or the transformer bought from Ring itself. Honestly I have no idea and would appreciate some help and advice. Thanks

Hi @Ryden. Here is some general information on hardwiring your Ring Doorbell. The hardwiring serves as a trickle charge to the Doorbells battery and will maintain the battery level, depending on the level of usage. You won’t see this start the take affect until your battery level has reached around 90%. Once your battery level is at 90%, you should start to see a slight incline on your battery level over the next few days. Let me know if this is the case.

1 Like

Hi no the battery just goes flat no trickle charge have to charge it up every two weeks or so.

Whenever a Video Doorbell is hardwired but is not showing an effective charge being applied, it’s best to check power and usage factors. Wiring and power supply will play as much a part in the charge effectiveness, as usage (number of events/ live views) and other battery drainage causes.

Check out our Help Center article about cold weather and battery powered Ring devices as well. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi
No nothing worked, battery goes flat in two weeks, on minimal settings too. Bought a ring 3for my mum and tried it on ours and it works, charges and shows that its hard wired. Now I know that the ring I bought from Amazon Feb2021 is faulty. Amazon say its not down to them??

Hi @Ryden. Would you mind reaching out to our support team about this? They can check the warranty on your Doorbell and determine if it needs to be replaced after all troubleshooting steps have been taken. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.