Ring 2 - Issues with Hardware - Dead Short

I have a Ring 2 Door Bell which will no longer charge. It had bee installed with a resister and is powered by a 24V AC Transformer. When I checked the transformer was dead and I ordered a replacement. Immediately after replacing the transformer I noticed the inline resistor was heating up.

At this time I used a multi-meter to test the continuity / resistance of door bell screws on the back of the ring device. It was reading 0 Oh, a dead short.

Is there a method to repair the contact / relay within the Ring 2 doorbell so I can get the device to work again?

Thank You,

Hi @WKDiesel. I would definitely recommend reaching out to our support team for this concern since the resistor was heating up, and you don’t want to risk any further damage to the Doorbell, the doorbell circuit, or any harm to yourself when dealing with the wiring. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can offer more help and guidance on what to do for this concern. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: