Ring 2 has died

Bought a second battery, both batteries charged and the ring 2 won’t turn on with either battery inserted. Last time we had any signs of life was 2 weeks ago, and prior to that recordings were black screens most of the time. I’ve tried a 30 second hold down of the small black button on the front, but still no signs of life.

What else can I try?

Sorry to hear about this @spikey_richie! With having two different batteries fully charged and not working to power up the device, the reset is the next best step to obtain functionality. If your Ring device is still unresponsive despite trying both batteries and resetting, try checking the battery slot for any debris or obstructions. If this concern persists, the best next step will be to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I called and spoke to a support tech, who advised the video decoder has given up. A new device is in the post, and I have to return the dead unit.

1 Like