Ring 2 giving motion alerts with people only turned on

In the last two or so weeks our ring 2 has been going crazy with false motion alerts when nothing is there, including bugs, cars, trees, or plants. I’ve had to turn off notifications overnight because they REALLY go off then.

In a desperate attempt to stop the constant alerts I turned on People Only mode. In spite of this I am getting multiple ‘unverified motion’ alerts every hour.

I loved this doorbell when I get it and it worked great for over a year but all of the sudden it’s driving me crazy.

Here are the 5 alerts I’ve gotten so far today (it’s only noon here). I can’t bring the field in any tighter at this point and it’s only tracking one field which faces the porch wall.

Please help!

Hi @Skyshadow3246. There are a few things we can try to see if we can get more accurate detection from your Ring Video Doorbell 2. First, we can reset the Doorbell and reconnect it to wifi. Next we can adjust the Motion Settings after the Doorbell has updated. To reset the Doorbell, remove the Faceplate and hold the Setup Button down for 20 seconds, then release. Then, follow the steps outlined in this Help Center article here to reconnect your Doorbell to wifi. Lastly, adjust your Motion Settings by utilizing this Help Center article here.

If you are still having issues with your motion after that procedure, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.