Ring 2 doorbell Night image too dark

Hey neighbors! Thank you for the update here and passing on pictures to show this difference. @Ruthenium I recommend reaching out to our support team to get them to take a look at this to see what could be causing this difference.

All other neighbors that fall into this concern, if you have tried to put the Doorbell with a corner kit and it’s to no avail, I do recommend also reaching out to our support team for some follow up on this as well. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Please come back to this thread and let me know what they’re able to find out for you and how it goes! :slight_smile:

Still an issue!

Hi Chelsea,

I am having the same trouble as many in this forum. The night vision is poor and there is nothing much which can be seen in the view except for a wall. It use to be not like that in the past so why is this happening all off a sudden and what can be done to improve it, apart from corner installation ??

Still an issue - and sometimes the video looks great like the first image and poor quality like the second image. I suggest you have your software engineers take a look at why this might be happening. Like putting a delay for the IR filter if you think that’s the problem.

Same issue for us. There’s people walking in the street but it doesn’t even pick them up. Awful video quality.

This is still a problem. Two examples of acceptable and unacceptable dark video are attached. Please fix your software, because the brighter picture is how your camera worked for months when it was first installed.

Tried settings with HDR on or HDR off. It made no difference. It’s sad that a software change made by Ring ruined our devices where they are basically unusable for the purpose for which they were purchased. It may be time to look at a different vendor for these devices.

This problem continues with the doorbell. It is virtually useless at night because of the software change that Ring did about 6 months ago. There are times when the image returns to what it formerly was at night (the brighter clearer picture) but more often than not the second picture is the norm.

It is completely unacceptable for Ring to degrade their camera software to the point where their hardware is essentially useless for their intended purpose of monitoring for visitors / potential mischief at our door.

This problem continues with the doorbell. It is virtually useless at night because of the software change that Ring did about 6 months ago. There are times when the image returns to what it formerly was at night (the brighter clearer picture) but more often than not the second picture is the norm.

It is completely unacceptable for Ring to degrade their camera software to the point where their hardware is essentially useless for their intended purpose of monitoring for visitors / potential mischief at our door

1 Like

Re: Ring 2 doorbell Night image too dark

I have exactly the same as I read in this thread, I do have a ring video doorbell 3 but experience the same since a month of 2 or 3 the night vision is very bad. The camera has not moved anywhere it on the same spot. Previously I could easily see everything in the street now I cannot see anything, all dark.

Yes its close to a wall. But this issue wasn’t there when I used the ring before. This must have something to do with an update or something

Thank you for returning to the Community to update us on your experience, @RingNL85! It certainly sounds like you’ve covered any and all bases with our support team, and are happy to hear they worked their hardest to provide a solution.

For other neighbors experiencing a concern with night vision, it is best to cover environmental variables by adding more light to the area. The HDR toggle, described in our help center article, is intended for brightly lit images and automatically disables at night. This should not have an impact on your night vision adjustment.

If you are needing further assistance with improved night vision, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

For neighbors experiencing a concern with night vision, it is best to cover environmental variables by adding more light to the area. The HDR toggle, described in our help center article, is intended for brightly lit images and automatically disables at night. This should not have an impact on your night vision adjustment.

If you are needing further assistance with improved night vision, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please go here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have the same problem. If Ring has a solution to this problem, why not list it here so ALL of us dont have to call support?

Very true just post the solution and say if doesn’t resolve call or email customer services. I have to Cameras and night vision at front perfect, the ring door bell at the front is so poor at night not worth it. All covering same area.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.