Rich notifications (Android) not working since today

Thanks for the post guys. Mine has been doing the same. Pretty frustrating to get a push notification with no preview pic

4 Likes

On one other point my rear floodlight camera light is working okay with the rich notifications. It just seems to be the doorbells affected!!

2 Likes

Having the same issue with the wired video doorbell. No rich images with the motion detection notifications today.

Uninstalled the app on both android phones, no difference (no surprise).

1 Like

So problem on Ring side; kind of reassuring…

2 Likes

Same issue here on my battery devices (Spotlight Cams and Video Doorbell 2020 release). My Floodlight Cam is working normally. I sent a message to them via Twitter and they said they were looking into it. Looks like my issue started sometime last night around 8:30 PM CDT.

1 Like

Hi neighbors, the Rich Notification service for battery powered Ring devices is temporarily offline. Check out our Status Page for updates. Our team is working to resolve the issue to restore the service as soon as possible. We will make updates here as the team works to restore this service. Thank you for sharing your experience with us here in the Community!

4 Likes

Please get this back online ASAP!

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Rich notifications (Android) not working since today:

Any ETA on the fix yet?

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’m not getting previews from my hardwired 1st gen doorbell either.

None of mine have worked for the past several days. I have a hard wired doorbell and a battery stick up cam.

2 Likes

Same issue with ring 2, no rich notifications. I even rolled back to previous app version. Good to know it’s on Ring’s end.

Still down at Ring Central.

No rich notifications on the app :frowning:

This is getting ridiculous. No updates and no explanation as to when this is expected to be resolved? I’ve had this issue since last week and curious how long we expect to be dealing with it. Getting notifications without the video preview is useless for me since my doorbell has false alerts all the time and my camera is in a busy area which wasn’t an issue before since I didn’t have to open the app every time I received an alert.

Please update to confirm there is an end in sight for this issue. Or is this going to be an ongoing problem?

7 Likes

When will there be an update? Customer service was no help. I’d at least like to know it’s being worked on. From looking at other incidences it appears updates are given but nothing for this one?

1 Like

Exactly ! I wonder if Ring will refund dice their products are faulty. So we can purchase a reliable product. I , like others are getting extremely frustrated. Not only with the features not working, but lack of customer service response.

3 Likes

Any way to turn it on for solar devices. Yes they have batteries but they are constantly charged (daytime) and almost always at 100% so should be a way to turn it back on for those devices if not all. (If a battery drain issue).

It’s been 5 days now, how is this still not fixed? It’s basic customer service to at least give an update every day or so. The status page hasn’t changed since the 5th. I love how it says the apps are on 99.98 % uptime when a significant feature has been down for 5 days and counting.

2 Likes

Does anyone know the cause of the outage? I’ve done chate twice with customer service and only get what seem like automated responses. I’m losing faith it is even bring worked on with the lack of any communication from ring.

2 Likes

My Ring doorbell is hardwired and the Rich Notification is not working too.

3 Likes

Mine been like it since Friday