Return & Return Request

To Whom It May Concern,

I recently purchased a bundle of the Video Doorbell 3 + Chime Pro.

I was alerted to the fact that Ring can pass on user information to Google and Facebook by one of my neighbours, and in the interest of respecting our privacy, I’d like to return this product, delete my account and if possible receive a refund. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51281476

I would be grateful if I could be advised on the next steps. I don’t have the original packaging to hand unfortunately, so if this affects the return and refund process, I’d like to know what my options are.

Thank you.

Glenn.

Hey @GlennMoffat. We do not sell your personal information to anyone. We do share certain information with our third party service providers in accordance with our Privacy Notice. In addition, if you read this blog post here, you will find that back in February we temporarily paused the use of most third-party analytics services in the Ring apps and website while we work on providing users with more abilities to opt out in Control Center.

Within the Ring App, you’re now able to enable or disable the Personalized Advertising within Control Center. Please go ahead and disable this feature if you wish to do so. If you’re still interested in returning your device, please let us know if it is okay to reach out to you via the email address you used for your Community account.

Hi @Chelsea_Ring,

Yesterday I spoke to one of your colleagues on the phone who is helping me to return the product. I’ve been told to expect a refund and return label within the next 24 hours but if I don’t hear anything over the next day or so I’ll post another message here.

Thank you.

1 Like

That’s not what it says in the bbc investigation report,what’s the actual information that ur passing on then?so that we know,I’m going to read more into this cause this is worrying and I wish I’d known this last week before I bought ur products