Resetting new wifi

I updated my wifi with new equipment,name and password,my ring doorbell and floodlight camera are offline now.How do I go about requiring my wifi?

@LosLobos7 wrote:
I updated my wifi with new equipment,name and password,my ring doorbell and floodlight camera are offline now.How do I go about requiring my wifi?

Go to setting/device health and there is a tab third down to change Wi Fi network

1 Like

The app is requiring me to “take apart” the doorbell and go through the orange button steps. Isn’t there a way to use the app to just enter the new wifi password? It was a pain to install this thing and I sure don’t want to go through that again.

Hi @pmaxfield. The wifi network cannot be changed without following the prompts that involve pressing the orange setup button on the back of the Doorbell. Pressing this button is what puts the Doorbell into setup mode so that it can be set up under a new wifi network. I hope that helps clear things up for you! :slight_smile:

I am having the same problem. It would be much simpler to change the WIFI with the base station and have all the connected cameras and devices automatically be changed as well. So instead RING wants us to open the cameras and press buttons, assigning a temporary RING WIFI to them, but the instructions do not cover the next step as to how to change them to the new home WIFI. Someone needs to add that final step to the online instructions!

Hi @IndyBestDJ. When reconnecting devices to wifi, you should see a prompt that allows you to select the wifi network. This Help Center article here will go over the necessary steps for changing your wifi network.