Reset doorbell2 and remove from my account

Hi, I am thinking of upgrading to Doorbell3+ and giving my old doorbell 2 to a neighbour. Can I reset it to factory settings and clear it from my account so the new owner can register it? Thanks

Hi @Bigcat49. Congratulations on the new Doorbell! All you’ll need to do to give your existing Doorbell to a new owner is remove it from your account. Open the Ring App > Main Menu > Devices > your Ring > Device Settings > General Settings > Remove This Device. Once it’s been removed, it will be freed up for the new owner to set up under their own Ring account. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have removed my doorbell account but when I try to setup this doorbell at a new location, the doorbell says it’s attached to an account which it isn’t.

@GregKr You’ll want to ensure you’ve followed the steps to remove the actual Doorbell from your Ring account. Once that’s done, reopen the Ring App and make sure that you don’t see the Doorbell listed anymore. If you’re still receiving this message after those steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look at this for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.