Removed device won’t re-register

Every time I change the batteries in my cameras I have to go through a big production where I remove them from the device then re-register them. It is a huge pain in the tail. Now they won’t reconnect because the app tells me that the devices are still owned by the previous owner. I’ve done this plenty of times where I go into the app, open settings, click forget this device, and then re-register the device. Now it won’t let me do it. How do I work around this?

Hey @DaveMontore. Could you please reach out to our support team on this concern? They can take a deeper look into this for you to get this addressed. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back to this thread and let us know how it goes. :slight_smile: