Refurbished Floodlight issue

I ordered a refurbished floodlight via Home Depot. The unit shipped directly from Ring and I received it today. When I tried to set it up, it said that the camera is tied to a previous owner. I contacted Ring and they asked me to contact Home Depot. I tried to convince them that the unit shipped from Ring and also Home Depot does not carry refurbished units at the store. I told them that I need to have it installed by tomorrow as I am leaving town. All they could say was that I need to wait 3-4 days for this to resolve. This is so frustrating. I have been a Ring customer (doorbell and alarm system) for a while now and this was the first time I had to contact customer service which I am very unsatisfied with.

Hi @nepalisherpa - no need to get frustrated, we’ll make sure we get this sorted out for you :slight_smile: If you want, we can contact you on th email associated with your Community account. Would that be okay? Thanks

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

Hi @nepalisherpa - no need to get frustrated, we’ll make sure we get this sorted out for you :slight_smile: If you want, we can contact you on th email associated with your Community account. Would that be okay? Thanks

Sorry, I didn’t see this until now but Ring sent me a replacement floodlight. I will try and get it installed this weekend. Thank you.

2 Likes