Refund on return - 21 days or ever?

Hello Community and potential Ring purchaser:

I strongly do not recommend buying from Ring directly. I have, also Bestbuy and Amazon. I purchased extra magnets to do a cracked Window protection and the magnets took 5 weeks to get to me. Two weeks in I called Ring but nothingn happened and franckly, the off-shore support just wasted my time asking silly questions. It eventually took over 4 weeks and I am in California, close to the normal distribution point.

So, I tried to do a refund on-line, it wanted to charge me return shipping… I don’t think so. I called Ring again and after another 30 minutes, had a UPS label emailed to me. I applied it to the box, took to UPS store, got a receipt and tracked shipping. The product 17 days ago and still no refund. Another call to Ring and I was told it can take 21 days. That is outrageous, unprofessional and at some point, probably something the FTC should look at.

Doing a little googling on the topic, it seems Ring have a reputaiton for failure to provide refunds.

Well, if I don’t get mine in a few more days, I’ll rip out $2200 worth of Ring equipment and that can take that back for a refund. Buyer beware, use Amazon or Bestbuy that have fair return policies.

Hi @Brumey. As this is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum rather than a direct line to support, it would be best for you to follow up with our support team directly for any concerns with orders and refunds. They’ll be able to pull up your account and take a look to make sure this gets sorted out. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.