RED lights on Spotlight Camera and cant Connect to Network

Greetings,

Issues with SpotlightCamera connecting to network and it will only have a red led light shown on device. All the rest of the devices are working .

please advise.

Hey @spicetan. At this time, if your Spotlight Camera will not connect or complete a setup, please attempt the following:

• Ensure both of your batteries are fully charged (if you have two), or has been charging for several hours.
  • Ensure there is no debris in the battery hatch and that the hatch is closed.
  • Press the setup button on the Cam and complete the setup in the Ring app.
  • If lights flash and setup is not completing in the app, please remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device, disable VPN, and have your wifi router close to your Camera (if possible). You can also see if you can set up the device on another Ring app on another phone you can log into.
  • If lights do not indicate setup mode on the Spotlight Cam, or setup is not completing, perform a reset on the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds and try the setup again.

If the above steps do not result in successful setup or operation, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

My system is a spotlight cam wired one. No issues with power . Cam will have light fully turned on when powered then the whole roll of red led will be On. Then all will be Hang. Nothing else functions. The TOP reset button even hold for 30 seconds and release also would let it enter set up mode. Please advise.

@spicetan Thank you for clarifying that, and my apologises, I assumed it for a battery device! Since you have done the reset and it is still to no avail to have the full functionality you need with the device, I do recommend to still be in touch with our support team. Feel free to come back to this thread and let me know how it went! :slight_smile:

Greetings,

My spotlight cam wired still cannot be connected to the network after repeated tries.

It seems to be able to log on for a few seconds before turning off and hang with all red LEDs turning red color.

is there anything I can do as it is still under warranty? now I had also remove it and try to reinstall it to the system but fail? I cant contact or get to the Service support team as well. Please advise.

I’ll be getting another RIng Door Bell Pro soon before it expires and hopes to resolve the issues soonest.

regards,

Tan

@spicetan As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, the scope of our support is very limited and I cannot process any replacements on our end or troubleshoot further from this point, especially since you cannot get the device to reconnect after removing it. You will need to call into our support team to get this looked into further, and they should be able to take care of you if they cannot fix the device with you. If you let me know where you’re located, I’m happy to grab a good phone number and time for you to call!