Recording length not honored

I have a Ring Video Doorbell Wired, as well as a few other Ring cameras. The doorbell and the cameras all have the option in the Ring app to change the video recording length. This setting works on all devices except for the doorbell. The doorbell recordings always end after 20 seconds, regardless of the recording length setting in the app. How do I get the doorbell to honor the recording length setting?

Hi @Brian9. Do you have Smart Alerts enabled? If so, try toggling this off the see if that is the cause for the short video. Also, if possible, try connecting the Doorbell to a WiFi hotspot and testing the Recording Length for the Doorbell. If it records normal time, there may be some changes that need to be made to your network.

I’m glad to be reading this as it’s not just having a torrid time with the recording length. And can’t believe this flaw is still happening well over 18 months! Ring are looking to raise the cost of the subscription as well which is very unfair on consumers.
I have the Ring Wired one (hardwired into my home), and even though the setting in my app is set to the bare minimum 50 secs, all video recordings are only 20 secs long. I’ve had many many phone calls and run all the troubleshoot, and even sent a replacement doorbell but still has not resolved it. 20 secs has been far too short and people walking the stretch of the path in front of me, are seemingly disappearing! How can i determine who has damaged my car etc.
I have expressed if this is not resolved within 7 days that I will cancel my contract and seek compensation for a product which has not performed as promised.