Recording and Spotlight Issues with linked battery spotlight cameras

Hi all,

It appears that my linked spotlight is now working at night. Regardless which spotlight camera is triggered, the linked camera’s spotlight now appears to be working these past few nights.

I wonder if something has changed? New firmware release?

I then tried to turn my video settings to use HDR but it appears there is still issues here with video quality appears dark/dim at night when HDR is activated. So I have deactivated HDR and just put up with poor day time video quality when in bright sun.

But at least 1 of my problems seems to be resolved.

1 Like

I have 2 ring spotlight cams. Both have 2 batteries and a solar panel. I also have a ring doorbell pro. All 3 are linked for motion. So when one detects motion all 3 turn on and the spotlight cams also turn on the spotlights.

My driveway spotlight cam is being triggered by my backyard cam (as intended) but when the driveway kicks in the infared stops and the lights don’t physically turn on. In the app it indicates the lights are on although they aren’t.

When the driveway cam detects its own motion the lights turn on and cam works perfectly.

Anyone have a fix or having a similar issue?

Ok just checked second cam. Both cams are not activating their lights when linked event triggers it to turn on. In the settings both are told to record motion and activate lights but they aren’t. They are only activating lights on their own motion. Is it intended to operate like this and the lights will turn on if motion is detected on activated cam?

Yes, the best solution is to get other cameras. These ring cameras/devices are continuing to go to crap, they do not work as they should. I have issues of cameras triggering when motion is not in the motion zone, but not triggering when something/someone comes into motion zone atleast not until they’ve made it half way in.

sorry, in response to you asking about the issue with linked devices…This has been an issue since the beginning of the year, they are supposedly working on a fix. No update anything regarding this matter or a fix. As i said go elsewhere for cameras. I’ve finally narrowed it down to a few & hope to make a decision soon. Sad to say money thrown away on these devices.

Has anyone notice the battery spotlight cam video quality appears dark/dim at night when operating on linked devices.

But when the battery spotlight cam operates in isolation it’s video quality is better ???

Try turning off the HDR in the video settings. It appears HDR affects night time recording when linked. This fixed my issues when the linked device records at night, it was dim and sometimes the led light would not come on.
Turning off the HDR fixed the issue. It’s not ideal as in bright daylight the video quality isn’t as good so hopefully Ring can fix this ASAP! But it’s been ongoing issue since beginning of the year.