Record all motion but only report on motion zone?

Hey!

Just wondering if it’s possible to get the ring door bell to record all motion, but only alert based on my motion zone?

I don’t want an alert everytime someone walks past my drive so I’ve had to reduce the motion zone.

Is it possible to have 2 zones? E.g. a motion zone and an alert zone?

If the above isn’t possible is there any work around a you guys have come up with or am I better off getting a different camera for this purpose?

Thanks

Rich

Good question, @Lingl9z! At this time there is not a way to specify an alert by zone. There are, however, various motion settings that can help to optimize your motion settings for the detection you want. Check out our help center article about people only mode, which is a feature for refining alerts to those caused by people.

The updated motion detection feature also has the Motion Verification feature include into it. So you now have Motion Verification with Customizable Motion zones. These features were combined to give you a more precise motion detection experience on your battery devices.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s brilliant thank you I will post the request.

Thanks

Rich

1 Like