Received 2 factor verification code without requesting one

I received a 2 factor verification code from Ring but I didn’t request one. I changed my password afterwards. I’m worried that my Ring password was leaked. Is there a way to find out why I received the 2 factor verification code?

Thanks

Hi @bzxctkgrn. You will receive a two-step verification code whenever you sign-in on the Ring App or the Ring website. Changing your password was a great step to take as we recommend doing so anytime you are worried about your account security. You can also use the Control Center within the Ring App to see what devices are currently signed into your Ring account and remove them if needed.

I hope you find this information helpful, and you can always reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here if you have further questions regarding your account. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: