Re: Feature Update: Customizable Motion Zones for Battery Devices

I noticed a change a few days ago that allowed me to “draw” motion zones in my old Ring battery powered doorbell. Today my battery was down to 20% and when I logged in, there was no way to edit the new motion zones. Instead, I see 6 bars on my screen with on/off options and no way to adjust them up or down. What the heck am I supposed to do with this?

Hi @krrrring. What model of Video Doorbell do you have? Additionally, would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you’re seeing on your end when you try to edit the Motion Zones? I’d be happy to take a look for you. :slight_smile:

I think I have the original model but can’t figure out how to confirm that. Here are some screenshots. It’s perhaps most annoying part that I can’t control the size of the bars, so I’m stuck with this set up!

Hi @krrrring. The reason you have the six motion zones that you’re seeing is because you have Advanced Motion Detection toggled off. You can see how to toggle this on in our Help Center Article here. Regarding the six motion zones that you’re seeing, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here and let them know that you are seeing six motion zones so they can track this and troubleshoot it appropriately. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I actually have Advanced Motion Detection toggled ON! That’s what’s so confusing! I’ve already talked to the support team with no luck. ?

@krrrring Thanks for letting me know! Since this is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, we’re not able to look into your account or device to help troubleshoot this further. It would be best if you reached back out to our support team so they can take a closer look and document what you’re seeing. Feel free to reference this thread when you’re speaking with them as well.