Quick Arm feature

I feel it’s necessary to be able to arm the system without entering a code. Naturally that should be required to disarm it, but why is it needed to arm? Previous systems I have used allow a double tap of the arm button to start the countdown. This is more convenient when leaving the house (less buttons to push) but also a major issue if you want to simply tell someone to put the alarm on when they leave without having to give out your code, add them to the system, or have a temporary code designated for that purpose. In a place of business this would be a must-have. There are plenty of people I trust to leave the office but I don’t necessarily want to give them free come & go privileges. Ring – please let meNo Code ArmNo know if this is on the horizon otherwise I may be returning my system and going back to ADT/Smartthings.

23 Likes

@MED wrote:

I feel it’s necessary to be able to arm the system without entering a code. Naturally that should be required to disarm it, but why is it needed to arm? Previous systems I have used allow a double tap of the arm button to start the countdown. This is more convenient when leaving the house (less buttons to push) but also a major issue if you want to simply tell someone to put the alarm on when they leave without having to give out your code, add them to the system, or have a temporary code designated for that purpose. In a place of business this would be a must-have. There are plenty of people I trust to leave the office but I don’t necessarily want to give them free come & go privileges. Ring – please let meNo Code ArmNo know if this is on the horizon otherwise I may be returning my system and going back to ADT/Smartthings.

Just so you know, you CAN do this through Simple Commands via Alexa. You can also create a quick exit function that will disarm>wait 60 seconds>re-arm.

Should this functionality be native to the ring app? Yes, absolutely but I wanted to let you know there was a set it and forget it workaround in Simple Commands if you’re up for downloading yet ANOTHER app.

Frontpoint your competitor has this feature. Ring please add this ASAP.

i agree with this feature to not feel the need to use code to arm, there should be an option for that , code to arm, disable code to arm but must use code to disarm, even door locks don’t have to punch i code to lock the door, only to unlock

1 Like

nice feature but you are forgetting one most important thing, i am deaf and there are a lot of deaf and hard of hearing people that cant use Alexa or anything like that so lets focus on doing the no need for code to arm options

1 Like

Auto-arming allows you to automatically arm the home when all Hedge users leave, and to automatically arm the home when any Hedge user returns home.

Another vote for a one-button push to arm. I haven’t seen any other systems that require a code to arm the system. I’ve been hoping that Ring would address this issue for years now.