Question Please - Floodlight Cam Wired Pro

Good morning all! First post. Thanks in advance for reading this and (hopefully) responding.

Okay - right to it. I have a side-load garage with 3 coach lights that are currently connected to a photocell. So this means that they come on at night.

I want to replace all of them with the Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro. There are a lot of great features to this product.

The first thing that I need to do is to override the photocell so that power goes to the 3 Ring devices.

Then, how about the app? Since I only have a video doorbell I don’t know all of the features of the app with the Floodlight Cam Wired Pro. I don’t think that this device has a photocell in it, but I don’t want to have the light on all day.

So, how can the light turn on? I think that I can turn it on and off manually via the app, right?

Is there a feature that the light can be turned on and off automatically at night?

I’m sure others have done something similar. What have you done?

Thanks again!

Shane
“tulliman”

SolarEclipse,

Good morning. Thank you for the response. I’ve replaced coach lights with coach lights before - this doesn’t seem much different. I think that I am going to just put some tape over the photocell on the side of the house. Just - not having the Ring App work with the Floodlight Cam Wired Pro before, I was curious all what the app could do.

Can you have it (it loos like yes) - turn off and on via the app manually?

Can you have it (it looks like yes) - have it on a schedule?

Can you have it (not sure because it doesn’t have a photocell within the unit itself) - turn on at night and then off during the day?

Can you have it - off at night but then on when motion happens?

Shane
“tulliman”