Q: I am unable to set up my device (owned by someone else, trying to take over ownership, or my device was stolen). How do I address this?

A: Before setting up the device, it’s important to understand how ownership of a Ring device works. You can learn more about how this works in our Help Center article about Ownership of a Ring Device. For events where you are trying to take over ownership of a Ring device, you can follow the steps that we have outlined for neighbors in our Help Center article about Taking Over/Changing Ownership of Ring Devices. If you are trying to sell, give away or discard of a Ring device, you will want to ensure you have removed it from your account by following the steps in the same article referenced.

For those unfortunate situations that you may face with theft of your device, know that at Ring we take our neighbor’s concerns very seriously. Ring has a theft procedure and policy in place that will help you get a free replacement Ring device as quickly as possible after your Ring device has been stolen. In the event that this has happened to you, please follow these steps on What to do After the Theft of Your Ring Device.

1 Like