I wanted to take the time to break down what comes with your Ring Protect Pro Plan and how it works, especially if you have purchased the Ring Alarm or Ring Alarm Pro.
What will you get?
Professional Monitoring - If your Ring Alarm is triggered and the passcode is not entered to disarm it, emergency police and fire rescue are requested by our 24/7 professional monitoring center. Learn more, here in this Ring Help Center article.
- Cloud Recording Services - View, download, and share any past videos for all of your Ring Video Doorbells and Security Cams. Videos are stored for up 60 days.
- Extended Device Warranty - We will replace your broken devices for life, see terms and conditions for more information. Keep in mind that extended warranty only covers devices that opt into the Ring Protect Plus or Protect Pro plan before your one-year limited warranty ends. It is also required that you do not cancel coverage at any time to maintain your extended warranty. Learn more, here in this Ring Help Center article.
- Discount - You will receive a 10% discount on Ring products purchased on Ring.com and Amazon.com, see full terms and conditions here. See eligible devices here. For purchased on Amazon.com, you need to be logged in and have linked your Ring and Amazon accounts.
- 24/7 Backup Internet - In the event of an internet outage, Ring Alarm Pro can keep your wifi network and connected devices up and running via cellular data. In the event of a power outage, devices, including Ring Alarm Pro, will need to have additional power sources to stay connected to the internet.
- Alarm Cellular Backup - If your internet goes down, Ring Protect Pro subscribers will have peace of mind knowing their Alarm Base Station can still get the signal out. Note: Extra data charges may apply. Cellular data is provided by a third party carrier. Coverage, uptime, technology, and speeds will vary. May require backup power if the power goes out. Visit this Ring Help Center page for more details. Ring Alarm Pro is designed to be used as a router, as using Ring Alarm Pro as an extender may impact your ability to utilize Ring Protect Pro features.
Does Protect Pro coverage include all your Ring devices? Yes, Ring Protect Pro covers all Ring devices at one location. Learn more about locations in this Ring Help Center article.
What about other Z-wave devices? External z-wave devices, as well as non-Ring-certified devices, aren’t covered for replacement nor professional monitoring.
Can I still use self monitoring? Yes, professional monitoring is completely optional. You can choose to self monitor your Ring Alarm or Alarm Pro regardless of whether or not you have a Ring Protect Pro subscription.