Protect Plan Question

Can someone confirm this verbiage for me?

| | Protect Plus Plan | Protect Basic Plan |

| Coverage | All Ring Devices at one address | One Ring doorbell or security camera. |

What exactly does this imply? I would prefer not to assume even though it appears straightforward.

If I want to have 1 Ring doorbell and 2 video security cameras in addition to other devices, can I not use the Protect Basic Plan? This verbiage makes it sound like I’ll have to choose between which device records or not (so I’ll have 2 bricks essentially). I don’t really care for the 24/7 monitoring, I just want all of my devices to work and don’t want to pay $30 thinking it would and then have to turn around and pay $100 to get them to, but at the same time I don’t want to pay $100 when I could pay $30. I basically only want this:

| | **Protect Plus Plan ** | **Protect Basic Plan ** |

| Video Recording | Access recorded videos of every Ring, motion and live view event for up to 30 or 60 days, depending on your location. 2 | Access recorded videos of every Ring, motion and live view event for up to 30 or 60 days, depending on your location. 2 |

This one says records videos of every Ring for both plans, so the first table at the beginning of this post seems to go against what this one is saying.

Hey @JohnAtrik. The first comparison just speaks to how many devices are covered with one plan. With a Plus Plan, you can have as many devices covered for video recording as there is on the location. If you have multiple locations, you will need a plan for each location. Whether you have 3 or 10 devices on one location, a Plus Plan covers all of their video storage. A Basic Plan is a plan for just one device, and is ideal for Ring owners that have 1 or 2 devices.

You can also have multiple Basic Plans, as 3 Basic Plans is still cheaper than one Plus Plan. Therefore, since you have 3 devices that you want video storage for, I recommend getting 3 Basic Plans ($3 USD a month or $30 a year) and therefore you will be paying $9 a month or $90 a year for all devices. Hope this helps! :slight_smile: