Promo Code sent to me hours ago is invalid?

As the topic states, Ring sent me a promo code to get a floodlight cam for $49.99. Found it fishy at first but all the links and adresses matched up, it was a legit email from Ring.

So I get home from work, ready to order the floodlight cam, nope, your system doesn’t accept the very code you guys sent me.

What gives?

Hi @OldCuban. As this is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum and not a direct line to support, it would be best for you to reach out to our support team for any billing or promo code inquiries. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look at what’s going on and help get this sorted out for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply, but I already got my answer. Apparently what the Ring team forgot to mention in that email, is that the offer ONLY applies to those with an upgraded account. And since I can’t afford that, well, then the offer is pointless imho. I would have appreciated if they would have mentioned that clearly on the email they sent out. Instead of you know, trying to bait and switch people.

2 Likes

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that a lot of people are upset over your Targeted Emails that offer deals to only certain members. Like your most recent one that offers the Ring Spotlight Wired Cam for $49. I have been a owner since the beginning and have many many Ring products and did not receive a email.

I feel like they do more harm than good for the companies running them. All you see is a lot of upset people many who have been loyal customers for years or spend a lot of money get passed over. I just don’t see how that’s a positive end result for these companies?

Everyone finds out about the deals on different web sites and it does nothing but cause discontent for your company. Look and read the threads on Slickdeals right now regarding this.

Because of what you are doing, and by passing me over, I will be selling all my Ring equipment and replacing it with Nest products starting today. I was going to buy 2 of your spotlight cams but will not now and will move my business elsewhere as well as encourage everyone on Slickdeals to do the same.

As a matter of fact, I will contact Nest now and inform them of the situation and see if they will offer the slickdeals people a discount for switching. Very poor move, and for you not to give it to existing customers who are contacting you today (which is many) makes it that much worse.

RF

2 Likes

Pass the Buck, all day on this issue!!

2 Likes

Correct! Providing an offer without proper announcement to all ring customers.
Seems like the Floodlight cam ($49.99) is a refurbished device.
Not going to trust ring anymore.
My ring device only last for about 2 years only, giving me a headache for those years since i’s not working as it should be.
Posting new device(s) which would not last long.
Nest is better since it’s a product of Google, simple UI makes old customers can understand easily.

As per checking with them, the code only works for those customers living under in Miami & Las Vegas, the code will only work if you have a plus plan.

1 Like

Hi neighbors. Ring occasionally sends out special promotions to randomly selected customers in targeted cities as a ‘thank you’ for their support of Ring. This promotion had a limited audience, though it may be expanded to include more of our neighbors in the future. The one-time use discount codes provided were unique to individual customers, and unfortunately, we are unable to provide new codes at this time. Thank you.

Nice try Jennifer, but as I already stated, even though I was the target audience for this promo, I COULD NOT USE IT BECAUSE IT REQUIRES AN UPGRADED SUBSCRIPTION WHICH I DO NOT HAVE.

So, thanks for the very canned response, but it doesn’t take away from the fact that it was essentially a bait and switch advertisement. Had your employer either only sent the offer to clients with an upgraded account or explained ANYWHERE in the email that this offer didn’t apply to me, then I ( and many others ) wouldn’t be anywhere near as upset.

As such, I will be switching to Nest once my current subscription is up.

You missed the whole point dident you!?!