Professional Monitoring and Police Response

First time poster looking to see if anyone else had the same experience.

I have Ring Protect with the prof monitoring system. Yesterday I was about 5 hours away from home. Alarm went off at 1:46PM, Police dispatch was requested, I got a call from police at 1:52 to confirm and they arrived at 2:13 PM.

Somewhere in between Ring had confirmed that what tripped the alarm was not sensor being opened but tampered. (I have since replaced the sensor)

Today I checked video footage, two police cars came up, one of them came up to the front door, tried to open in, looked in the window and left.

Question is, if it wasn’t a false alarm, a burglar had came in through the back or side, or locked the front door after they came in, what did the police visit accomplish?

Questioning continuing to pay for the ‘monitoring’ service.

Hi @user28975. In the event that your Alarm is triggered, the monitoring station will call you, verify you, and dispatch police on your behalf. At this point, it is up to the police to to conduct themselves accordingly. If you are unhappy with the performance of the police, you’ll need to contact that police department, as this has nothing to do with the monitoring station or the Ring Protect Plan.