Product Launch: Video Doorbell Pro 2

The Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 is here. Our best-in-class wired doorbell camera with cutting-edge security features! Learn more about these features below.

• Head-to-Toe 1536p HD+ Video
  • 3D Motion Detection - Learn more in this Help Center article
  • Two-Way Talk with Audio+
  • Built-In Alexa Greetings - Learn more in this Help Center article
  • Customizable Privacy Settings

If you’re interested in adding this new Video Doorbell Pro 2 to your setup, then you might enjoy the Ring Help Center articles below that are packed with more information about this doorbell and it’s features.

Install Note: If you are switching from the Video Doorbell Pro to the Video Doorbell Pro 2 the holes will match up to make for an easy swap out. If you are based in the United States or Canada it is important that you make sure to swap in the new Pro Power Kit included with your new Video Doorbell Pro 2 as well.

We want to hear what you think of the new Video Doorbell Pro 2. Reply below with your feedback and questions.

1 Like

Just swapped my Ring Pro for the new Ring Pro 2. I swapped the power adapter and installed the doorbell. Fairly easy install.

The video quality is absolute garbage. It’s pixelated, delayed, dropped frames. Had no problems with the quality on the 1st gen. Signal is good since I have an Orbi 3 station set up and Ring alarm with a range extender nearby. Device health shows RSSI -57. Checked internet bandwidth, 316Mbps down, 10Mbps up.

I received my new doorbell pro 2 yesterday and I was unable to activate. After calling ring support they informed me that ring is not supporting installations until later April. Why will Amazon sell the doorbell and ring not supporting the install.

I am missing something?

I have the latest app and when I scan the code it gives an error so I installed and then try to activate also with an error.

Make sure you have the latest version of the Ring App when installing. I was able to install mine ok. The issues I have seen so far with the Pro 2 are the LED light around the button is no where near bright enough. I had a battery powered Ring before this and the light when pressed was MUCH brighter. I could hardly see it on the Pro 2 when installing to see if it was in setup mode etc. Also on the Pro 2 the LED glows at night but again its just not bright enough. I don’t think it as bright as it was in the Pro 1. I have a neighbour with the Pro 1 and it seems MUCH brighter at night. I have also had issues with live view not connecting but I have noticed some other threads with similar and think this is an app issue more than a doorbell issue. I suspect there will be firmware releases soon for the Pro 2 to iron out any bugs with video quality.

Same issue as the poster above; the new LED light on the Pro 2 is really dim in the sunlight.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to transfer the protect subscription from my old doorbell to the new Pro 2? I only have one device and would prefer not to be forced up to the Plus plan.

Installed mine and unfortunately be returning it and swapping back to my original Pro

Positives - bigger field of view is great, the pre-roll for motion also great

Negatives - the night time vision is incredibly poor, unable to setup 3D Motion due to the Satellite picture being that blurred I can’t even make out anything in the picture, LEDs as others mentioned too dim, video quality seems worse than the original

The dim LED ring is a real problem as while it sounds trivial it is the only way for the doorbell to communicate to indicate it’s in setup mode etc. Plus the light is so sim you can’t see it at all when the button is pressed during the day. Purely aesthetically the glow at night just looks weak compared to the pro 1. I am assuming this will be a firmware fix as if it’s not Ring are going to be replacing a lot of Pro 2’s from the initial batch.

I also agree the 3D satellite view is so blurred when setting up its next to useless. I am not that interested in this feature myself but I can see why it would be very frustrating.

I’m also still having issues with live view not activating about half the time and when I open the app the snapshot preview doesn’t update. I am thinking this could be an app issue though as the doorbell is working perfectly when pressed etc for notifications. All though could be a firmware issue on the Pro 2.

I’ve had similar issues with pixelated images as well as connectivity issues. Coming from a Ring Pro that’s been functioning perfectly for the last year, the new Ring Pro 2 has given me nothing but a headache, so it’s being returned.

Not impressed.

The larger field of view is great, but same issues as others. The light is very dim and the video is mediocre quality. Not terrible, but not a noticeable improvement.

The audio, however, is a huge improvement over the first Ring Pro.

Why aren’t you allowing trade in of old ring video doorbell pro devices? I have over 20 ring devices and you can’t help me out upgrading?

1 Like

If you aren’t happy with the video quality try turning off HDR as well as Colour night vision. I switched both of these off and to my eyes its better. HDR settings on security type cameras/IP cameras can often introduce a lot of noise to the picture. I also found the standard black and white night vision to be clearer.

We do need something from Ring about the extremely dim LED though.

Just installed it but the color isn’t looking good! The color is De-saturated even when I turn on her. Also, the live view has the black outer circle background which very annoying! Is there a way to remove that?!

Try turning HDR on and off to see which you prefer with regards to colour. The black circle is supposed to be there, the lens is ultra wide angle so its the edges of the case you are seeing. When viewing you can press the 2 little arrows and it will go back to the older 16:9 view like the older Ring products.

This is my first ring product. I just switched over from skybell hd. I was expecting something better than what I got. This unit will not even ring my doorbell. I called in on an hour long call with tech service and went through checking voltage to uninstalling and just touching the wires to make my mechanical doorbell work. It works just fine with the wires touching and skybell, but not at all with this unit. The video on my phone was pixelated as said above. I was finally told I could get a replacement, but if anything ever happened to it I would not get another. What kind of customer service is this? I paid over $200.00 for a doorbell that doesn’t ring the doorbell. I felt customer service for such a high profile company should treat its customers better than this, but hey it’s their company and they can do what they want. I am also returning this unit and going back to my old skybell. I really wanted this to work like advertised but ultimately it did not.

Installed mine & it worked perfectly for 13 hours then lost power & wouldn’t power back on despite no power issues w/ my doorbell wiring but the old transformer for my doorbell was too weak to maintain it. I was surprised at how easy it was to install & setup in the Ring Ap & how good the color video quality was for the 13 hours it worked perfectly but then it died on me & it would not power back up after reset to connect back to my 5GHz wifi. I’ve already sent it back in through returns. Reinstalled my old doorbell which works fine. I’ve already reordered another Video Doorbell Pro 2 along w/ the Hardwired Transformer for the Video Doorbell Pro & this time I’m sure it will work perfectly .

Sorry to hear about this experience, @Bmartyntx. We can assure you we intend for a much better experience with both support and with your Ring device. The Video Doorbell Pro 2 features head-to-toe 1536p HD+ video, thus the image quality should be excellent.

As it sounds like our support team has offered a replacement as a solution, it’s best to try out that replacement device to see if functionality improves. When it comes to video quality and connection, please remember to check your RSSI in the Ring app. If this concern persists, feel free to reach back out to support so they can continue assisting you. When it comes to the Video Doorbell Pro 2 sounding your internal chime kit, please ensure the Pro Power Kit is installed and that the chime kit

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@Marley_Ring It would however be good to get some response around the issues mentioned in this thread and the other dedicated thread about the issue with the LED light ring around the button on the Pro 2 being extremely dim.

@Marley_Ring Can we have a response to the dim LED light issue that quite few users have pointed out?

I liked the 150 Horizontal x 150 Vertical 1536P HD Head to Toe video quality so much on the Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 and realized the vertical is so much better compared to all the other Ring Doorbell models that I ordered another one. This time I also ordered the Hardwired Transformer for Video Doorbell Pro to ensure it receives the power needed. My current Doorbell Transformer VAC was too low. Problem solved.

I know there have been a few posts about issues however overall the Pro 2 is a good device. The head to to video is excellent. The only real issue is this dim LED light that seems to have been acknowledged now by Ring in another thread.