Problem viewing history video on galaxy tab 8 2019

I was able to view video history on my samsung galaxy tab 8 2019 up until the android version updated in June 2021 Now I get the message “there was an error while trying to play the video” I have uninstalled he app about 4 times now still no luck, contacted ring support 3 weeks ago they said they will get back to me, ( maybe one day ) anyone else had this problem and any idea how to fix it?

hi there, @kimring! Please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the Samsung device. As this is android, please also check for any android apps that conflict with the Ring app. If your tab 8 has the ability to use both wifi connection and cellular data connection, test if either of these connections are more efficient than the other. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks but none of these worked :rage: If I use google chrome and open ring on a web page I can watch the history video’s but just not with the ring app since android update in June any other idea’s please ?

still no reply from ring so called support :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

Hi @kimring. Since the above suggestions did not work for you, I suggest reaching out to our support team and following up with a supervisor about your open support ticket. They should be able to give you an update on any information they have. Also, check all of your email folders to make sure their correspondence hasn’t been filtered out.

after three emails and a call to ring support all i get is we are working on it NOT GOOD WHEN I CANT SEE WHAT I AM PAYING FOR :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: