Poor customer service after hours

There is not a section on customer service, so I am creating one. On Sept. 15, I called to transfer videos from my old ring camera that stopped working to my new replacement Ring Pro 2 camera. I had previously done this months ago with my Ring Floodlight without issue. Against better judgment (thinking I wouldn’t get the best customer service team), I called late at night. It was almost an Abbot and Costello act compared to the previous great experience I have received from Ring.

The customer service representative I was connected to was clearly unfamiliar with the process and incorrectly asked me to verify my account (which I had already done) and repeated instructions I had already done multiple times. They seemed extremely distracted the entire time and were almost reading off a script over and over. It is the only way I can explain the behavior. Additionally, coming from customer service, there were some opportunities to improve the way they communicated. There was definitely an attitude, and it felt as if this person was going out of their way for me and I was putting them out to ask them to help. When I mentioned what the previous customer service rep did at our last call to transfer over the video, they ignored it. All I wanted was to retain my previous videos. They said I should go online and do it (which I was informed by my previous experience was not the case). When I asked her to confirm that I would not lose my videos, she said she would connect me with the technical expert who would move the videos over. Instead, I was connected to another customer service rep who greeted me with “what is your name, account, etc… what can I do for you?”. There was no warm handoff, and either this second rep was playing a game or completely uninformed.

Either way, it was a complete waste of 30 minutes for a simple and typical request that I have encountered previously without issue—a very poor showing by Ring Customer service.

I would encourage you to listen to the tapes from the evening of Sept 15 and listen to the interaction. I think there are many areas of opportunity from a training perspective.

Related, I think Ring could provide an easier venue to present this feedback. While these categories are product-oriented, customer service is where Ring can differentiate, and that is clearly an area of opportunity. Rather than make it difficult for customers like myself to help improve your service, perhaps creating a better venue for this feedback would demonstrate Ring’s commitment to the customer and to improving in a key area.

I think you’re absolutely correct, but hopefully at some point there is critical mass of customer service complaints and they prioritize some simple solutions.

Hi @Jilno1452. First, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our support team here on the Community. As @SolarEclipse mentioned, the Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum rather than a direct line to support. I would recommend following up with our support team directly in order to better share this feedback with them, as they can look at your previous contacts and log your comments and concerns more appropriately. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Thank you again for being a member of the Community and sharing your experience here! :slight_smile:

Thanks Caitlyn, but that is part of the problem. I don’t want to call because that takes more time out of my busy schedule. Customer experience and feedback should be seamless and easy for customers to give direct feedback, but Ring has made it extremely difficult to do so.

Many companies ask if you will take a survey immediately after the call or provide an email giving you the opportunity to provide feedback. I don’t remember if Ring had either of those before the Amazon acquisition but think perhaps so, as their customer service was indeed better then including being able to ask questions and get help via email.

You can try writing directly to the founder, Jamie Siminoff at j@ring.com as he displays his contact info right on every box.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Set up a camera