Please Help me figure this out

This has been going on for over a week in my unaccompanied residence . When I shut the infrared you don’t see the light. It sets off the motion sensor on the camera but not the RING Alarm motion sensor. Thanks in advance.

Hi @Ffkad1. I apologize, but I’m having a difficult time understanding what you are trying to ask. Are you asking why the light is triggering a recording but not triggering the Ring Alarm Motion Sensor? If that’s the case, it’s because they are two different products designed for two specific reasons. The Ring Alarm Motion Sensor uses a Passive Infrared (PIR) motion detection that is based off of heat signatures.

Tom would it be possible to send you the video? this has been going on for over two weeks and I’m completely baffled. Its hard to describe until you see it.

Hi @Ffkad1, happy to chime in for Tom here. There isn’t a way for you to send us anything directly, so you may actually want to contact our support team in this case. You will be able to send them any photo or video examples if you don’t feel comfortable sharing them here on the Community forum. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thank you for getting back to me. I tried to upload the video earlier with no success. I’m on with support now and they say they can’t get permission to see my video only a screen shot. Is there a secret to upload a video to the community board. Thank you

https://ring.com/share/090b963c-a697-48a3-b808-61a8a6d07260

Please see the video above just figured out how to upload. this has been going on for several weeks now. Only visible at night when the infrared is on the camera. The motion detector on the camera sends me alerts yet the ring alarm motion detector doses not. I’m really concern about the light and its root cause.
Thank you

@Ffkad1 Thanks for sharing that video link, I was able to take a look at the example you wanted to show. There is actually a thread we have in our Doorbells board about lights like this, which you can find located here. It should bring you right to the solution that Chelsea posted. As she mentioned, the orbs or lights you see are in fact bugs, such as a small clover mite or spider, crawling over the lens of your device or a few flying items (such as dust) bunched together at a close distance to the lens of your device. I hope this helps clear things up for you. :slight_smile: