Please Charge Your Device to Enable Live View - Indoor Camera

I do not understand why I see the error message: “Please Charge Your Device to Enable Live View” when I only have a Ring Indoor Camera. My understanding is that there is NO battery on an indoor camera. I only have one Indoor Camera and it is plugged in. I can access it on my phone but as of yesterday my wife gets the error message on her phone. I am at a loss as to how this could happen.

Hey @davidlapierre. Do you have the Indoor Cam, or the Stick Up Cam Plug-In? We have been noticing neighbors have a concern with their Stick Up Cam Plug-In showing that there is 0% battery or critically low battery error. In addition, some neighbors have stated this is affecting the Live View, which we are forwarding to support in this case. If you have a Stick Up Cam Plug-In that cannot connect to Live View and your Device Health looks as I have described, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have an indoor cam

I’m having the same issue and that sounds like a canned response to me. In the mean time nobody but me (in a house with 6 other people) can see the video. This is a huge error on your part Ring and you guys need to fix this. Basically makes the camera unusable for anybody but one person which defeats the whole purpose of being able to share access. Fix it!!