Placement Test Still Required

The Chime Pro is insisting I do a placement test to complete installation. It then asks me to add a device with poor connection but I only have a ring doorbell which has an excellent connection. Sim therefore stuck as to what to do next. I bought the Pro due to the dual band connection as had issues with the Non Pro version but it now seems to think I have to have a device which is having issues and I don’t. Thanks.

Hi @ChunkyNeck. When going through the setup, just tap on the “Extend Wi-Fi for Ring Devices” menu, then select the X in the corner to exit that screen. You should receive a green check mark letting you know this option has been complete. If this doesn’t seem to work, try contacting our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for the help but the extend wifi for ring devices does already have a green tick it’s the placement test I can’t get to go green. Both the ring doorbell and the chime both have good connections so I don’t need to add or move the chime device.

Hi @ChunkyNeck. In this case, I would reach out to our support team. Since the information I was able to provide didn’t seem to help, they will surely be able to get this to work. You can also try to uninstall the Ring app, reboot your phone, and reinstall the Ring app to see if that will cause this to clear the final stage of setup. Our support teams information can be found in my previous reply. :smiley: