Pinch to zoom on live view not working!! Use the Rapid Ring app it’s still working!!

A good point was made on a Reddit thread about this same issue. If you need to use the pinch to zoom feature on Live View before this functionality gets restored in the latest version of the Ring app, you can always download and use the Rapid Ring app. Live View pinch to zoom still works in that app as it hasn’t been updated in 3 weeks.

6 Likes

Good to know it’s not just me:/ so very frustrating

2 Likes

Same issue here! Need an app update quickly!!!

2 Likes

Same here my wife didn’t update and hers works!

2 Likes

I’m also suffering with this same issue.
I spent 45 minutes talking to Ring who at first claimed this feature never even existed!!
After speaking with his senior technician, he came back & admitted his error & apologised & promised they would look into this. Now I discover, the ‘world & his wife’ have the same issue.
Come on Ring, please sort this in time for Christmas!!

3 Likes

Just a note. No one from Ring is on here during the weekend. They know about it and I’m sure they’re working on it. But until they fix it, you won’t be able to pinch and zoom unless you have an Android phone to use until then.

1 Like

Here’s hoping that Ring gets this fixed soon so we all can use pinch to zoom on live view again.

Just a note to everybody you don’t need a Android phone if you still need to use pinch to zoom on live view on any Apple devices the only way you can do it just now is download the Rapid Ring app from the App Store, it does not have all the functions of the original ring app.

6 Likes

Same problem here with latest app update. Was a very useful / essential function…please fix! Zoom does still work on the Rapid Ring app, thanks for that advice.

2 Likes

Ring have only got a little bit of time to get a new version ready before Christmas.

Because Apple have sad you need to make sure your apps are up to date and ready for the holidays.

New apps and app updates will not be accepted December 23 to 27 (Pacific Time), so any releases should be scheduled, submitted, and approved in advance.

1 Like

I’m having the very same issue. Very frustrating. You all break the app right during the peak of crime season. Extremely disappointed in ring with this problem. If they would believe people at the beginning and at least try it themselves and see it doesn’t work then all these wasted steps we go through to satisfy tech support would be unnecessary and you could have started work on the repair before Apple freezes the app updates for the Christmas week. Now we are more than likely just stuck for the week with a broken security app at the very height of crime season. I don’t mean to sound rude I’m just frustrated with all the wasted time and steps and being told we are the ones that are wrong and that there was never a zoom capability when we all know there was one. Please fix this as soon as you can as it’s NOT something we can fix by a clean install. It’s a broken iOS app update as it still works on android ok for those that have android devices.

3 Likes

Same here, this is really annoying. Yesterday I was pinch-zooming in and out on my cameras on Live View and now after the update, you cannot zoom in and out of any Live View cameras. It does still work when looking at past videos on the timeline though. So they broke something in the Live View pinch-zoom functionality in 5.21.0 for iOS, absolutely. It’s the same problem on iPhone and iPad. I hope this gets fixed ASAP.

1 Like

Just use Rapid Ring. It still works.

2 Likes

Good tip on Rapid Ring. Yes it works good for a quick live view. It should work until they get the main app fixed. Thanks!

That’s kind of like buying a car and being told oh yeh the high beam headlights don’t work but don’t worry, it’s not a problem - there’s a flashlight in the glove box. Just point it out the window at what you want to see. Would that be acceptable? No it wouldn’t. The product should work as described. My main point of contention is always being told I’m wrong and that they don’t have a issue on their end. It’s the same with Arlo. None of these companies take a problem seriously enough to even try and duplicate it in order to then run it up the ladder to someone who can authorize a repair until it’s days and days and reaches a critical mass. If they’d at least believe us in the beginning and try themselves I wouldn’t be so ticked off. It’s being told I’m stupid by tech support and that I just don’t understand how if id just delete the app, reboot my phone and reinstall the app against and a again it would fix it. When a halfway intelligent person has already tried that before they reach out to tech support. When it doesn’t work on my iPads or iPhones and the only thing that’s been done is to update the app it’s the app that broken 9 times out of 10.

I agree in the mean time I will use rapid ring as that is at least one issue where they’ve listened to the customer and made a quick lean app that works. Point is I shouldn’t have to settle all the time.

Well at least it looks like they are taking us seriously now and are working on it. That’s something that the support forum seems to get done much better than calling tech support and getting a person with a script who when that doesn’t work it’s cuz you did it wrong and so you need to repeat the steps again like we are just stupid. I realize there are a lot of stupid people out there who probably don’t understand how to delete, reboot and reinstall but when you tell them you’ve done that and they make you go through it again it’s just such a waste of time. I just went through this same thing not long ago when I told them I could no longer infinitely adjust my motion sensitivity anymore and was told to delete, reboot and reinstall when obviously this was a design change (not for the better in my opinion) which is what I originally thought happened here with the zoom until they finally said on the forum it was something they were going to work on.

Ok ok I’m stepping of my soap box. They’re working on it and I know they will get it fixed, unlike Arlo at least Ring is responsive after a issue reaches a critical mass. So around the first of the year it will probably be fixed but they should test their app before releasing it especially with all the porch pirates and crimes etc this time of year. What if they had disabled something like scrubbing and just said well you can sit and watch the whole minute of each video so what’s your problem? That’s my issue with having to use rapid ring. The customer should always be right.

Seriously I’m off my soap box now. Sorry to all those who agree for my rant.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Just think that maybe for Christmas (or right after) we will get back functionality we already had.

Cheers!

2 Likes

This really needs to be fixed ! ASAP

2 Likes

Ring NO PINCH ON LIVE feed

Fix it or going to delete account or

1 Like

Chill, you need to calm down. It’s just an app problem, not a serious issue. Delete your account if you want.

Says the one with much less in many areas

Be quiet live view swipe gone for no reason! Millions of peeps angry <br>Answer that

First visit to the community as I thought it might just be me. Apparently not. As others have said…this is not an isolated problem requiring “support”. This is an app update bug and needs to be addressed promptly!