Permanently bypass sensor

I want to put a sensor on my garage door and sense when it is open and closed. However, I don’t want it to trip the alarm. There are many reasons the garage might be open and a minute or two might go by till accessing the keypad. How do I permanently bypass the alarm but get notified if the garage is opened or closed?

Hey @SR22pilot. If you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Settings > Modes > (you will need to do this for Home and Away so do it one at a time) Home/Away > Sensors > and make sure that the garage door Contact Sensor is not selected for being monitored in this mode. Then, you can ensure you have open/closed alerts on if you would like on the garage’s Contact Sensor’s profile under your Devices. Toggle on these alerts will give you a push notification whenever said activity is at the door. If you do not want the push notification, you can look into the event history for the sensor and see the activity there as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t tried this but it looks exactly like what I was looking for. Many thanks. I didn’t even know this was there.

1 Like

This is what I’ve been looking for too. Thanks for asking the question and answering it.

There are many reasons why I want sensors installed but I don’t want them triggering my alarm.

My example is similar to your garage door one. But I also have outdoor fences I want to create Alexa routines from, but. I don’t want them triggering alarms because gardeners could be going in and out of my backyard when I’m not home.

1 Like