People choose to knock

I just installed my Ring last week. In a very noticeable spot on the door jam, near the door. VERY NOTICEABLE! I took my old doorbell down.

When people come to the door they knock rather than use the new Ring doorbell. I feel it is because the ring around the doorbell does not light up when in stand by.

I am curious if other people have had this same issue?

Hi @Dannys58. If your Ring Doorbell is hardwired, it should have a white light illuminated around the Doorbell Button. If it is not doing this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :smiley:

ohhhhh! Your telephone customer support said that did not matter! I have it on battery to see if I wanted to keep it or not. I will go ahead and hard wire it and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

One other question - Do you know how to get the @#$%^&*! sign-in verification via email removed? Im getting real sick of that!

Thanks again

Hi @Dannys58. There is not a way to disable the Two-Step Verification, but you do have an option to change it from email to SMS if you’d like to in the Control Center on your Ring App. You can read more in our Help Center Article here. I hope that helps! :slight_smile: