Peephole camera power port

I have numerous Ring devices and have recently purchased a ring Peephole camera for my Florida Condo.
I am very disatisfied with the battery life after a full charge. Even with the settings set to minimize battery draw and very little motion to trigger notifications, I am lucky to get two months on the battery charge.

Since I am not allowed to drill or mount a standard plug in Ring doorbell (Condo rules), I have no way to keep power continuously to my peephole camera when I am gone for more then 2 months which really stinks and defeats the purpose of having the product.

Can you please, please supply an optional blank battery case that would have a plug in USB outlet in the bottom so that I can supply 24/7 power when I am absent for a long time?
If you cant develope this, will you at least let me buy a battery case without the battery so that I can wire a USB to exit the bottom. A returned battery or a faulty battery will do. I am an electronic tech and I can make my own external plug in if I have the proper fitting case.

Hey @iamrich. Thank you so much for the recommendation here! As a fellow Peephole Cam owner, I really like this idea, as I see I get about 2 months of battery life myself. I will make sure to pass on this feedback to the appropriate teams for you. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

1 Like