I am trying to setup a Peephole Cam and it consistently fails to connect to to my wifi.
I used two phones and two different wifi routers (I used the 2.4 GHz frequency).
I followed the steps noted here and step nine fails. I never get the option to choose my wifi network. It immediately skips to fail.
Here is the outline of my steps:
- With my mobile connected to my wifi router with Internet access and I launched the setup wizard.
- I got to the <Add a Ring Product> step and proceeded.
- I chose <Doobells> and scanned the code on the device.
- I selected the location that I had setup before hand.
- I named the Peephole device.
- I chose <I’ve installed it already>.
- I inserted the battery in the device and selected <Continue>.
- I chose <The Light is spinning> as the light was spinning on the device.
- It gave me the option to connect the phone to the Peephole
- I received the option to choose the <Device to use with Ring>
- I chose the Ring-xxxxx wifi
- My mobile device indicates that the connection is successful but the wizard indicates that something went wrong.
- Whenever I choose <Try Again> it asks me if the light is spinning
- I choose yes and tells me that something went wrong.
I basically cannot get past that point.
I have used two different phones to launch the setup and also two different wifi rounter and it fails in exactly the same way.