peephole cam keeps disconnecting

Hi can anyone please tell me why my cam keeps disconnecting? It works for a couple of days then stops. I normally need to take battery out then back in again and it works after that but this time won’t come back on at all.

Hi @peg0015! The best first thing to check here is the battery percentage. Try charging the battery for several hours to see if this resolves the disconnect. As you described removing and replacing the battery to no avail, please also check the ribbon cable that connects the Peephole Cam’s indoor assembly to the outdoor assembly.

Disconnecting can also be related to network variables. The best next step is to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: