PC app ending and Live View functionality lost

Ring announced that the PC app will end on October 15 and we have to use Ring.com. But Ring.com does not have a “Live View” function. The PC app does. Is Ring going to strip functionality away from us?

1 Like

Taking away the desktop app reduces the functionality of the Ring cams immensely. I’d rather see a monitor size video/pic than squint at my iPhone. I like the iPhone app as it has many control features. Being able to see the big picture isn’t one of them. Kinda like Ring not being able to see the big picture with their customers.

1 Like

Hi neighbors, we understand your frustration and appreciate your feedback. You can now access Live View from your Ring.com account through your supported web browser. Depending on what device you have, this feature update allows you to use two-way talk, enable sound, activate your siren, or turn on the lights.

Once again, we do appreciate your feedback on the discontinuation of the Ring Desktop app and we will be sharing it with our team. Please see our Help Center article here for more info on this. Thank you for your understanding!

Does anyone know what happened to event recordings being available at ring.com. I always log on in the morning to see if there were any new events over night. For convenience I use my pc and go to ring.com. Normally after logging in it shows my cameras and when I click on a camera it shows me a list of recordings on the left side of the page, I click on a recording and it plays. Today I went to ring.com, my dashboard and clicked on a camera and instead it takes me to the live view and there are no recordings listed. I know there are recordings because I can see them there on my phone app.

My guess is that in the hurry to address the outcry over losing the app in October, and that Ring.com had no live view (thus removing about 80% of what the benefit of a Ring doorbell is), they have temporarily botched the History feature by slotting in Live View, and it will get put back somewhere soon.

Edit: Actually, it is in the top menu. You just don’t get it by clicking the camera thumbnail anymore.

This does NOT help. RING taking away the DESKTOP app really ticks me off! I want to know, when I cancel my subscription for my 3 RING Cams, will Alexa / Echo still continue to announce motion detection to me or not? Seriously, the ONLY reason why I subscribed to RING over others was because of the RING DESKTOP feature! GRRRRRR

1 Like