Override sensor but still trigger alarm

Hi there

Here is my situation. I leave the house via the front door which has a contact sensor on it. I go put something in the car and then a return to set the alarm, but I don’t close the front door so the sensor is still active. I set the alarm and it asks me to override the triggered sensor. If I override the sensor is not longer active once the alarm set.

Is there a way to not have to override the sensor or if I override It still active once the alarm is set.

Thanks

AB, have you set the entry / delay times for the system to arm? This will give you a minute or longer to exit / enter before the alarm sets or alarms. Hope this helps?

It sounds like they want to be able to arm the system with a door open (which will cause Ring to bypass it) but still have it be armed once the exit delay expires. I don’t think there’s a way to do this other than to wait and arm the system from the app once you leave (and all sensors are closed).

1 Like

Hi neighbors! As @windracer mentioned, if you arm the system while a Contact Sensor is open, the system will ask you to bypass the sensor. The only way to avoid this is to ensure that all Contact Sensors are closed when arming the system. Bypassing any of the Contact Sensors will prevent them from being monitored when you arm the system. I hope this helps clear things up! :slight_smile:

Hey Neighbors! I’d like to share this Help Center article here about the Ring Alarm Quick Exit. This new feature allow you to open a door without Disarming the Alarm and setting off your Alarm by using the button on your Contact Sensor. Be sure to update your Ring app and let us know how you like this feature!

1 Like

Interesting addition, I’ll have to try this.

1 Like