Option to turn off Night Vision on Ring Cameras and Doorbells

I am waiting for this so long!!

1 Like

+1!

1 Like

Please add this feature!

1 Like

+1 for adding this feature. My doorbell is angled and partially sees a window. This causes the ir to turn on and off constantly at night. I put electrical tape over the ir to stop it for now, but that is an ugly solution.

1 Like

Another +1

Sometimes we noticed the night vision doesn’t kick in right away and it looks amazing , then it goes black and white and fuzzy and you can’t see anything anymore. The area is well lit at night and our porch is well lit as well the infrared night vision is just unnecessary

3 Likes

The first evening of usage. The colours without the IR are so much better that begin doubting if I need such a bad quality recording at all.

A must have feature please

1 Like

I really need this feature too.
The picture and recordings are so much better when the IR is turned off.

Is there something I can do to fake it?
I guess not :frowning:

So Ring is not going to chime in?

My Samsung smartcam lets me do this as I have it looking out of a window

I need this function, please ring!

1 Like

Come on Ring believe this has been done for the wired doorbell (over 12 months ago) but not for the battery one.

Needed urgently now

1 Like

Place a piece of tape over the IR light.

1 Like

For those that believe the option to turn IR illumination off has been added to the powered Ring Doorbells- It hasn’t- I have Android app v 3.35.1 and there is no option to do this still. Covering LEDs with electrical tape is a workaround but this still does not take the bell out of ‘night’ mode so the image is only marginally better. As well as having a toggle to prevent IR lamps from illuminating it also needs to force device to stay in ‘day’ mode.

1 Like

Ring Doorbell Pro night vision is useless. I don’t want the option to turn color on or off. I want it off period. Once anything that blocks it and the stupid night vision comes on and the screen is completely the black till the morning. Again don’t tell me how to turn on color vision, that’s worthless too. I need night vision off completely.

My wired floodlight cam is near a bright white wall, so when it turns on its infrared LEDs, the wall appears bright white while the path below is totally black. In other words, at night, the IR mode is useless. During the period between floodlights turning off and IR turning on, I can actually see the path pretty well. So, I would like to optionally keep the IR LEDs off at all times. How can I do that?

I use this mode with an indoor cam that looks through a window, so I imagine it could be possible with a software update for the floodlight as well :crossed_fingers:

Just got my video doorbell 3 plus, and in testing, during broad daylight the first 30 seconds of video is useless. More than enough time to steal the packages I’m trying to protect. Fix this.

Last night, someone set a car on fire in my street, the next morning the police came asking if my doorbell recorded anything, I said no because night vision is not good because of the ir-light bouncing of the brick wall.
I will tape the ir-lights for now, i hope the ir lights can be turned off in the future.

It’s Aug 2021. Still no??? I’m also using Wyze Cam V3. It has Night Vision (IR light actually) Auto/On/Off. I’m mounting cams against wall, IR brightens the wall so bright that other parts shown very dark. And it attracts moths.
Please! Ring is a big brand, even a low end targeting brand can have it, why can’t you have it? And while users are demanding it!

1 Like

My street is well lit and the recordings in colour up to around midnight are perfect (while dark outside). After this time it switches to IR and the picture quality drops. A manual override to prevent IR kicking in would be really useful.

I see a lot of support for this feature. Could Ring please post a response on this thread of where this feature is in the backlog and an eta?

Thanks