Oppo A72 users and Ring doorbell

Hi, does anyone have an Oppo A72 phone and ring doorbell? I can hear people outside when they ring my doorbell but I am unable to speak back to them (and yes the microphone is enabled) after hours on the phone with Ring I am told it is probably an issue with the phone. However when I bring the issue up with Oppo or my phone provider I am told the issue is Ring and as a 3rd party app they should ensure it works with all phones able to download the app. One of these is correct but I don’t know which so if anyone has the same phone I would love to know if they experience the same issue.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue, and I’ve even had my phone replaced and the same thing is happening.
I am really unhappy.

1 Like

It is so annoying, Ring should ensure it works on all phones able to download the app. I have just got the new phone and so maybe now stuck not being able to converse with visitors for a couple of years? (Hoping if enough people have this issue Ring will update app so that is works?)

Thank you for sharing this experience with us, neighbors! We are always working to improve and add to our devices and features. As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

Spent 40mins on phone to Ring today reset router reset doorbell reinstalled and now there sending me a new unit .
He said I see your using an iPhone and I corrected him saying no it’s an Oppo and he said thats fine it’s android. So surly at that point they could have said it does not work with Oppo
So if they think an Oppo phone is an iPhone there is the problem with the phone recognition in the Ring Software