Open sensor notification

Very basic feature that needs to be added, we had it with our Alarm.Com system and are regretting making the change to Ring.

2 Likes

How is the held open feature not already present? For people with special needs or elderly family members, this could be a life safety issue. Please get this feature released ASAP!

1 Like

I need this to remind me to close windows after letting in some fresh air.

1 Like

Passive Notification on Keypad: If would be nice to have (at minimum) a visual notification on the keypad that there are open sensors before you actually try to arm the alarm (passive notification).

Open Zone Notification from Keypad: Pressing a key to have the keypad speak what sensors are open would be nice or a LED screen on the keypad that shows what sensors are open (similar to the scrolling sensors which are open that show in the app).

If integrated into the keypad you would not have to go to get your phone or open the app to know what sensors are open in order to close these sensors vs. just by-passing.

2 Likes

This is still needed RIng! I want to know when my garage freezer and fridge have been left open too long due to my kids not closing them properly.

4 Likes

Iā€™m surprised this hasnā€™t been addressed for so long. It would definitely be of use to me too!

I wanted to put an extra sensor on a bathroom door that has my catā€™s litter tray in it. Guests would sometimes close the door behind them meaning my cat couldnā€™t get in. I wanted a notification if it had been closed for a certain amount of time but itā€™s not an option through Ring or using any third-party apps that I can find!

Why has this request been merged in? - These are totally different feature requests.

Yes, something as simple as this should be easily available through Ring! Even if not, at least give us the option through Alexa routines to do the work for them. Simple requests like this that are never addressed is the main reason why I will not longer be buying Ring products and will begin a slow migration away from their platform.

1 Like

I came here searching for instructions on how to enable this setting, to my surprise it doesnā€™t exist. I used to have Alarm.com and I could easily set a notification for when a sensor is left open for longer than a certain duration. Shocked that this basic feature is not available.

Another vote for this. I just assumed it was already implemented, this seems a very obvious function that users would want. Please add this.

2 Likes

I almost pulled the trigger on purchasing a Ring system today, but stopped short when I read this feature request. This is one of the top features I am looking for in a security system and disappointed that 1) it does not exist, 2) no response from Ring on the string given then amount of traffic for this feature request. People at Ring, call me when this feature is available and I might consider buying inā€¦ assuming I havenā€™t already purchase a competing system by then.

Iā€™ve done this in mine through setting up a routine in the Alexa app.

It can read text through an alexa device or it can send a notification.

3 Likes

I want this to use as a freezer alarm. Weā€™ve had a couple of times in the past few years when a freezer door didnā€™t close, and we lost a lot of food.

3 Likes

Yep, Iā€™d like this feature please (on the vague hope that requests are listened to). I wondered whether it could be a battery life issue, but it canā€™t be surely - it only needs to register when itā€™s opened, and then cancel that when itā€™s closed - shouldnā€™t need to monitor constantly.

Bump again - come on Ring, so easy for you to implement

4 Likes

It would be nice if there could be some kind of visual indication when a zone is open when you look at the keypad, like maybe flash the top indicators or something similar.

1 Like

This! I came to this community to request this. Exactly this.

2 Likes

This feature is a must have! It is the only reason I have not switched from my current alarm to the Ring alarm.

2 Likes

This one is quite a simple request really;

Please add door open notification announcements to keypads!

:slight_smile:

33 Likes

This is basic functionality, done by most alarm systems. Should be simple, as we can already tag the different sensors, we should be able to hear a specific entry point as opposed to just a chime.

8 Likes