Online with no battery

Ring 2 doorbell shows online after removing the battery. Has anyone else see this and any fixes?

Hey @rtu! Depending on timing, it’s possible that the app was unable to update the devices status quickly after removing the battery. Meaning, the last known status is online and so that is what it reports in the app. After some time, your Ring device’s Device Health should reflect offline.

If it is not indicating this, please try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I can’t say that I’m terribly happy with that recommendation, but I’ll try it. The status was still ONLINE even after > 12 hours with no battery.

1 Like

I’ve seen the same. Pulled the battery to recharge it overnight, status remained as ‘online.’ This morning, the doorbell still shows in the app as online, even after attempting to connect for Live view (connection fails, yet status still says ‘online.’) Brand new installation of app.

Any updates on this.
franky this makes device health useless because nobody knows if status is correct or not.
refresh rate with 12 or more hours is simply not accepptable

2 Likes

Same issue here. Ring you need to fix this flaw. Essentially as a security device this becomes useless if you can’t see accurately if it’s working and online.