Online, offline, online, offline

Suddenly my Ring Doorbell Pro is switching between online and offline as shown by the red “wifi” symbol with an arrow through it – as shown in the app and webpage. Even though this symbol is present for minutes at a time, the Doorbell will provide a notification w/ picture when the button is pushed.

It displays in the app all the motion/person detections in the timeline; to include the 30 second snapshots during the time when the “wifi” symbol shows that it’s disconnected.

None of the other items on my network are exhibiting weird behavior. My device health shows the status as offline, RSSI -62, and Transformer Voltage as Good (27V). Even when the status is online the RSSI and Voltage are the same.

The only difference is the temperature outside has been colder (<32 F).

I’ve tried removing the plate and pressing the button on the left-side several times, which will temporarily restores service. This doesn’t last long though.

Hi @24b070d0251e1d637ae6d45709ce39. With an RSSI of -62, it is possible this could be the reason why your Doorbell is showing as offline momentarily, as it is potentially disconnecting and reconnecting since the connection isn’t stable. You can read more about RSSI in our Community Post on the topic here. We also have more information on wifi and troubleshooting tips for wifi here. I hope this information helps. :slight_smile: