OnePlus 7 Audio

Latest update; One plus have requested I raise an issue on the OnePlus Community https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/ring-doorbell-issue.1170872/

Again not holding any hope of a resolution have been advised

‘passed to developer team who is currently working on this we will keep you posted regarding further updates’

so in other words it is now logged and will be ignored which has happed with Ring was told to keep emailing them if heard nothing now they just ignore my mails

2 Likes

I just installed my ring doorbell 2 having the same issue any fixes

Bains

I have had to chase Ring a number of times for updates and up to now the advisor in Arizona could not give any update, the latest on 4 Feb advises:

" I did contacted the team in charge of further investigating, unfortunately they can’t relate it to be a problem from our app"

after over 2 months going to and fro with Ring they have offered me a replacement Ring Pro. This has arrived today so will be swapping it out over the next couple of days. I’ll update the thread once its swapped, I am hoping this resolves the problem but not holding out much hope but at least it will prove if its the phone or the Ring hardware

Oneplus have not got back to me

So just checked my app again today and still the same issue. Static and noise when I try to speak using my OnePlus 7.

It basically means that I cannot use my OnePlus 7 phone… Which renders the Ring Video Doorbell useless.

My iPhone 8 works perfectly… but I don’t carry this all the time.

App version 3.22.2.

Can you please get this sorted as a matter of urgency. This is gone beyond the joke now.

I am having same trouble. I am waiting…waiting…still waiting for some updates to fix this issue. It is really annoying to see that the issue was not attened neither by OnePlus nor by Ring. As a customer, getting frustrated. Really hard to have another mobile just for Ring usage.

Latest update - swapped out Ring for the replacement that was sent and … still the same problem so cant be the actual Ring device. So logically you would think its now a OnePlus 7 compatability/software issue. Oneplus have totally ingnored me so it looks like either replace OnePlus 7 with different phone or put up with not being able to use it with Ring

1 Like

Oneplus or the Ring app is usung thw wrong microphone. Speak in to the top of the phone and you will be surprised how much the volume increses.

Doesn’t work for me. I just tried it and it’s all crackling and distorted. Cannot hear anything other than loud crackling.

Hi,

Did this problem ever get sorted out/fixed ? As i have a Oneplus7 phone and just bought a ring stick up cam and i am experiencing the same issues

Nope and by the way they are “responding” to it… It never will.

who is they… Ring or Oneplus?

Personally I think it’s a OnePlus issue. It seems the common thread is the 7.

I believe that the Ring app uses the wrong microphone on the phone and OnePlus haven’t made any changes to the Oxygen OS to improve matters.

Everytime i now go to live and the microphone button is on i now get this really annoying buzzing sound coming from the camera, have you also encountered this annoying problem?

Yes. I basically don’t use my OnePlus 7 to do 2 way audio on it. I use my iPhone for it. My OnePlus 7 is pretty much useless for my ring doorbell. I did have a OnePlus 5t and that was ok actually.

unlucklily for me I only have one phone and its the Oneplus7 everything about the phone is perfect and its only just over a month old, but this bug is really annoying, i mean i could just switch the mic button off when i go live and not speak through it, but thats not using the full capacity of the product!!! I know someone (dont know if it was you) has raised the issue on the Oneplus forums, but i will hopefully raise it again and its a real bummer not being able to use the full capacity of the cam.

Can i ask apart from the mic and sound issue did you uncover any more issues between the cam and Oneplus?

I also have distorted audio when I play my Zynga poker game. Everything else on the phone works great. The Ring app and Zynga poker work fine on my iPad

Hi ring swapped out the ring and the same is happening so it’s got to be the OnePlus 7 I have given up with OnePlus as they don’t respond so I just use the ring to check the camera I don’t speak my wife does on her samsung

I did put a forum post into OnePlus also but nothing happened with that either.

Other than the 2 way audio everything is fine. I tried every trick with it. Ring tried to disable the timeline feature, no success.

I even was a call with them and showed them the audio issue and nothing ever happened to it.

Do you have a link to your thread with OnePlus?