OnePlus 7 Audio

Hi @Grimskull_2008, @GuiPerPT and fellow neighbors! I noticed in a recent post you were experiencing an audio ‘screech’ with your OnePlus 7 phone. Are you still experiencing this? If so, can you please answer the questions below. We have a team member looking into this for you!

• Does this screech happen to all video or only live view?
  • How frequently does this happen?
  • Do you have any video examples? By chance, do you have a video example from a different device?
  • Is this on the Ring App or Rapid Ring App?
  • Have you reached out to support for any troubleshooting?
  • From your experience, is the screech coming from the phone or doorbell speaker?

Thank you so much for your assistance on this!

Does this screech happen to all video or only live view? All video.
How frequently does this happen? All the time.
Do you have any video examples? By chance, do you have a video example from a different device? Yes I do, I sent it via Facebook messenger to your support team.
Is this on the Ring App or Rapid Ring App? Both of them.
Have you reached out to support for any troubleshooting? Yes I have.
From your experience, is the screech coming from the phone or doorbell speaker? Doorbell speaker.

• Does this screech happen to all video or only live view? -> Any video when 2-way audio is enabled (live view, replying to rings, etc)
  • How frequently does this happen? _Any time both speaker and microphone are enabled AT THE SAME TIME. I can manage to speak with people on the doorbell by enabling one OR the other independently (toggling the mic to speak, turning it off and then speaker to hear), but anytime both mic and speaker are enabled, either screeching or silence happens (usually it’s screeching). _
  • Do you have any video examples? By chance, do you have a video example from a different device? Not from a different device, but if needed I can make one. https://ring.com/share/6742725808638857128
  • Is this on the Ring App or Rapid Ring App? In both the same thing happens.
  • Have you reached out to support for any troubleshooting? Yes, no luck. Typical reset, try this, try that. I have two other devices (OnePlus 3T and Motorola Moto G1) and no issues from those devices, 2-way audio works as intended. It was kind of a waste of time with support, honestly
  • From your experience, is the screech coming from the phone or doorbell speaker? _Definitely doorbell, no doubts. From the phone, there is no sound coming. _

Quick note, I was able to reproduce a similar issue on my phone with a completely different app.

Whenever I enable the live speaker (2 way audio on), WITHOUT the noise cancellation setting enabled, I get a horrible screech coming out of the speaker. By enabling the noise cancellation everything works as intended. Pretty confident this must be related.

Small update from the latest App version (3.19.1)

No audio screech anymore! Cannot recreate the screech. Still, it doesn’t work as intended

Upon activating live view, and turning on speaker and mic, the following happens:

• Doorbell cannot hear the audio coming from the Oneplus 7
  • Phone does get the audio from the OnePlus 7
  • Doorbell echoes. When standing by the doorbell, whatever is said on the doorbell is echoed and I hear myself (even if the sound doesn’t get output on the phone).

Nice to see some progress on this issue.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my OnePlus 7 (non pro version) and Ring Doorbell Pro.

Gives horrible loud robotic distorted sound when the mic is enabled in live view either from the Full Ring app or the Rapid Ring app.

Works perfectly fine though from my wifes Google Pixel 3a and my Windows Laptop with the Windows Store Ring app.

Obviously a problem with Ring compatibility with the OnePlus 7.

I am very keen to get this fixed ASAP obviously as my phone is the primary interface when I’m away from home.

Please let me know how I can help to troubleshoot and resolve the problem.

Same problem here. Last week i contacted support with this issue. Still not resolved.

Can only speak when i mute the speaker option in the ring.

Does this screech happen to all video or only live view?
Live view

How frequently does this happen?
Every time

Do you have any video examples? By chance, do you have a video example from a different device?
Yes but not for public.

Is this on the Ring App or Rapid Ring App?
Ring app

Have you reached out to support for any troubleshooting?
Last week

From your experience, is the screech coming from the phone or doorbell speaker?
Dont know. I hear the screech out of the doorbell. But i think is comming from the app.

I have the same issue on my OnePlus 7. My iPad and my wife’s iPhone work fine.

Does this screech happen to all video or only live view?
Live view

How frequently does this happen?
Every time

Do you have any video examples? By chance, do you have a video example from a different device?
I can record one if requested

Is this on the Ring App or Rapid Ring App?
Ring app

Have you reached out to support for any troubleshooting?
No

From your experience, is the screech coming from the phone or doorbell speaker?
I think is comming from the app.

Thank you neighbors – I have sent all this information to the team. They are investigating and looking into the concerns you have posted. Trust me, I am following up with them and will ask for further information if necessary. I appreciate your patience and will let you know when I hear from the team with any updates. Thank you!

I sent a recording to your team too last week. Obviously they have enough data. Taking through a Samsung 8 was fine. Not a note 10.

I am having the same issue with oneplus 7 I have spoken to ring via chat and rang the helpdesk spent nearly 3 hrs uninstalling / installing app resetting ring, checked wiring, rebooted router checked wifi setting I have even factory rest phone still the same. weird thing is Son has Oneplus 7 Pro and it works fine, wife has Samsung J3 and works fine. Helpdesk contact advised she was stumped by this issue, i even added helpdesk contact to the ring and spoke clear from UK to Arizona I have asked if they can conect me to a ring in their test laborotory as surely they must have one to replicate the problem so fustrated now any help to resolve the issue would be appreciated Can someone suggest anything?

My OnePlus 7, when I try to connect to a live mode / answer a ring, won’t speak through the Ring. It only emits a clicking sound. Works fine with every other phone. Are there examples of people using the OnePlus 7 successfully with the Ring?

Clancy

Sounds about the same, I get 2 different things happen if person at bell presses the bell they get loud buzzing or clicking when i try to speak on Oneplus7 i get the same on the oneplus 7. Also at the bell the person speaks it then transmits what they just said back to them while the one plus 7 connected. If i go to liveview and press microphone and speaker i can hear outside but they cant hear me speak.

works perfect with other phones including Oneplus 7 pro.

Oneplus are not interested and neither are Ring just wish one of them could liaise with the other

Any progress on this issue ?

the latest from One plus

We request you to update the device to the latest version.
Else we request you to share the logs in the below-mentioned link so that the relevant team will look into the issue and check what best can be done for you.

so have replied back all devices both Ring and One plus 7 mobiole are latest software version

Also experiencing the same issues as described, running on the latest OS (Android 10)

Andy updates?

Have copied all logs and sent to OnePlus so technical team can investigate further I am still waiting response back not holding my breath both OnePlus and Ring seem to be looking into issue but nothing forth coming from either

I am on app version 3.21.1 and still the same issue. Any chance this getting fixed in this decade?

Me and my wife are having similar issues with the ring app. The caller can hear us, but we can’t hear them.

Phones: xioami mi 8 pro and Samsung S7

Have the same issue in 2020

both my Android os on one plus 7 And ring app are up to date

is there any solution yet on this , unable to find any on this thread or elsewhere

Having the same problem with oneplus 6