Older Ring stickup cam says Solar Status is not connected

I bought this camera several years ago and had it in my back yard. After a few times of re-charging it, I bought a solar panel. Decided to go a different route for my backyard and it sat in a drawer for a couple of years and then I mounted it in the front yard and just used battery. After a few times charging, I set up the solar panel again, but now under Solar Status it says not connected. It is firmly connected and getting polenty of sunlight, but can’t find anything in settings to change it so it will say it is being charged my solar or solar/battery. Any ideas?

Hi @bdube. Have you tried disconnected the Solar Panel and reconnecting it to make sure there is no dirt or debris on the Solar Panel or the connection itself? If not, I’d suggest trying that first. If that doesn’t do the trick, try resetting your Stick Up Cam by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. From there, you’ll want to set it back up in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device. Having the Solar Panel attached with at least 4-6 hours of direct sunlight each day should provide it with a trickle charge that helps keep the battery topped off for you.

Thank you Caitlyn,

I tried your suggestion but holding the orange setup button for 20 seconds, 25 seconds, 30 seconds does nothing so I tried to change wireless networks and it timed out several times and had to repress the orange button and it finally went through the joining process. Still says it has a battery only connection, but when I started this my battery was 72% and is now at 80% so the solar is doing someting even though the app says it isn’t connected to solar. Any other ideas?

And now it gets worse. Under device health it says everything is OK and Signal strangth is RSSI-38 which if memory serves it always has. Right now I am 5 feet away from my router and the camera is about 4-5 feet from the router and I can’t get it to initialize live view. Never had that problem until I tried this reconnect crap. At one time it said it was updating it’s software and to come back in 15 minutes which I did after 20 minutes and device health says everything is up to date and working fine. Well not being able to initiate live view is not fine with me and yes live view is enabled.

Hi neighbors. If the suggested steps above didn’t offer any improvement, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

See the link I posted in the above reply

1 Like