Old doorbell with 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 but not Front or Trans

I tried connecting to 1 and 2, and then 2 and 3 - neither worked (nothing as far as the light on the Ring doorbell).

This doorbell seems to be able to be battery powered but is set up as hardwired as far as I know.

Edit: that sticker says General Electric 7D01.

Any ideas before I try them all?

Hi @JeffK71. It would be helpful if you let us know which model of Ring Doorbell you have. The model name (Video Doorbell 2, Video Doorbell Wired, etc.) should be on the original packaging as well as the back of the device. This will help other members of the Community, or a member of our team, better answer your question. :slight_smile:

Ah, of course!

It’s a ‘Doorbell Pro2’ with 3d motion detection.

I did look but couldn’t find any diagram of the 7D01 GE chime.

@JeffK71 Thanks for confirming that. I reviewed the chime kit compatibility list for the Video Doorbell Pro 2 and I couldn’t find any mention of the GE 7D01 chime kit. There were a few GE models listed, but none with this model number, so it’s possible that it’s not a compatible chime kit for the Doorbell Pro 2. It may work, but we can’t guarantee that it will.

When wiring the Doorbell Pro 2, you’ll need to find the wires that go to the transformer and to the front where the doorbell wiring is at. The Pro Power Kit will also need to be installed, which is outlined in the installation instructions here. If you’re unable to safely confirm which wires go where, you may need to consult a qualified electrician or replace the chime kit with a compatible one.

@JeffK71 and/or @Caitlyn_Ring - I am having the same dilemma as you’re discussing. Did you find an appropriate fix (essentially translating the 0,1,2,3,4 to front/trans)?

Thanks.